Saturday, December 8, 2007

Education Philosophy

The essence of my education philosophy is rooted in the principle of respect. I have one rule in my classroom: respect. I have found that it is more valuable to instill a value or principle rather than a lengthy list of "don't do this..." Beyond simply a classroom management tool, the principle of respect extends to the literature we read in my classroom, the way I approach writing, and the guiding principle in group projects.

Under this disclaimer, I have created and posted my educational philosophy to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUT__gmUFMs. Also, if interested, feel welcome to check out some of the performances my students put on regarding persecution as we read The Crucible.

1 comment:

Dr. Townsend said...

Great job, Sean...you have awesome pics!